With everything else that’s already going on in my life I decided… “Ok Maddie, maybe you should start journaling, too!” Seriously the best decision ever. It is fun writing this blog because other people can read my thoughts and ideas, but writing in a journal is so much more calming. I can write whatever I want. I can pour my heart out. I can brainstorm ideas for photography sessions. I can reflect on my past. I can prepare for my future. It’s awesome.
My bff in the whole entire world, Cody Ray, has been journaling his little heart out as well. He has been asking for topics to write about… and I’ve been trying my best to come up with good quality topics for the both of us to reflect on.
A recent topic was to write about five things you like about yourself, as well as five things you need to work on. It seemed like it was both a positive and constructive topic, so I went with it and wrote about these ten things with him.
I’m going to share what I wrote down… and I challenge whoever is reading this to do the same.
Five things I like about myself…
- I like that I’m open minded and understanding no matter what situation I’m in.
- I like that I work hard to get along with everyone.
- I like that I’m willing to work hard in order to be successful.
- I like that I love learning.
- I like that helping people is something that comes naturally to me & I enjoy doing it.
Five things I need to work on…
- I need to work on saying everything I feel at the right moments & not backing down.
- I need to work on not getting worked up over small things that are out of my control.
- I need to work out more consistently.
- I need to work on not creating anxiety for myself by trying to plan everything out.
- I need to place my troubles in God’s hands instead of trying to carry them alone.
So if you’re reading this… I challenge you to take a moment to write these ten things down. Keep them to yourself or share them with the world, but at least take a moment to do it. It might make you feel better like it did for me. We often forget to reflect on ourselves when we get caught up in the craziness of life, but it’s no doubt worth it and great for the mind.
Happy journaling and have a good evening, y’all 🙂